Welcome to my review of the best paintball pistols available today!
Paintball pistols are a great alternative to paintball markers as they are generally lighter and easier to manoeuvre. They are also a fun way to change up your game and enhance your marksman skills over a range of weapons.
There are plenty of paintball pistols available on the market, and it can be overwhelming to know which one to choose. Below I’ll go through the top 6 and their pros and cons so you can find the right one for you.
But first, a quick summary of the models featured in this article for those who want to find the best paintball pistol fast!
The Best Paintball Pistols Are:
- Umarex T4E TR50 Paintball Revolver
- T4E Smith & Wesson Paintball Pistol
- Umarex T4E HDS Paintball Shotgun (Most Affordable/Best Value)
- Umarex T4E TPM1 Paintball Pistol
- Tippmann TiPX Mag Fed Paintball Pistol (Best Overall)
- T4E New Walther PPQ M2 Paintball Pistol
Out of the list above, the Umarex T4E HDS is the most affordable and the best value for money. I’d recommend this one if you’re purchasing your first paintball pistol just to try it out, or want a quality model that won’t break the bank.
My favorite paintball pistol on the market today has to be the Tippman TiPX. While almost double the cost of the Umarex, you certainly get what you pay for – it handles beautifully, has impressive accuracy, is easy to load and is overall high quality and a pleasure to play with.
If you’re already familiar with paintball pistols and want to move up to a high quality model that you’ll have for many years to come, I’d recommend the Tippman.
Ok, now let’s get into the detailed reviews of the 6 best paintball pistols!
Best Paintball Pistol Reviews
Umarex T4E TR50 Paintball Revolver
As one of the very few paintball revolvers available on the market, the Umarex T4E TR50 Revolver definitely looks the part.
It offers a high FPS power that may be high for an average paintball field, so this revolver certainly packs a punch.
The Umarex T4E TR50 has an excellent overall build quality. The body may be built with mostly plastic, but the crucial parts are built with metal.
The pistol offers various options for mounting accessories such as laser, tac light, and sighting add-ons.
- Easy to load rotary magazine
- Equipped with a quick C02 pierce chamber for easy CO2 installation
- High FPS power of 360
- Comes with a total of 5 6-round rotary paintball magazines that you can preload ready for use
- The chamber can’t be spinned
- The FPS can’t be adjusted
- Sights aren’t adjustable and have no white dots
T4E Smith & Wesson Paintball Pistol
The T4E Smith & Wesson paintball pistol is probably the closest you can get to the real thing. Its size, weight, and actual blowback is very close to an actual pistol.
It is one versatile paintball pistol as it accepts any type of ball, from rubber, dust, to pepper balls, which it can shoot up to 355 fps.
This pistol has a high-quality build as the metal parts are where it matters most—slide, slide catch, magazine, barrel, and other vital parts.
The exterior looks precisely like the original, making it the perfect pistol for training.
- Equipped with an engraved ergonomic grip
- Accurate replica of the real version
- Lightweight for easy maneuverability
- Adjustable sights with visible yellow dots
- The magazine only holds 8 rounds
- Trigger is on the longer side which can take a longer time
Umarex T4E HDS Paintball Shotgun
Most Affordable and Best Value!
If you want a versatile paintball gun that is extremely affordable and offers excellent value for money, the Umarex T4E HDS Shotgun is the one for you.
It is an exact replica of a shotgun so you can also use it to discourage intruders. This pistol is powered by CO2 that can shoot .68 caliber paintballs, pepper balls, rubber balls, and chalk balls.
The Umarex T4E HDS shotgun is made with aluminum and heavy-duty polymer making it more durable.
It also offers the capability of adding accessories such as a foregrip or a flashlight.
- Comes with a built-in frontal Picatinny rail to mount extra accessories
- Can fire both dual and single shots
- Features a selector switch that allows you to choose the shooting mode
- Has no velocity adjustment regulator
- May not be the most suitable for gameplay
Umarex T4E TPM1 Paintball Pistol
Are you looking to take your game to the next level? Then, the Umarex T4E TPM1 .43 caliber training pistol is the one for you.
It is ideal for law enforcement or military training as it is Umarex’s version of the Glock 17 model.
This gun marker is made with hard-wearing metal and high-quality polymer material to make it robust, yet lightweight.
It is semi-automatic and accepts different ammunition such as rubber balls, peppershot balls, and of course, paintballs.
- Blowback action slide for a more realistic shooting experience
- Drop free magazine that holds 8 rounds and a CO2 cartridge
- Equipped with a 20mm Picatinny rail for mounting accessories
- Fits in a variety of holders such as Safariland and Blackhawk Sherpa
- Has fixed 3-dot sights that can’t be adjusted
- Low capacity magazine means extra reloads
Tippmann TiPX Mag Fed Paintball Pistol
My Top Pick!
As one of the leading manufacturers of paintball guns, Tippman markers never disappoint – and neither do their paintball pistols, as this model is my favorite of the entire article!
For those new in the game, it is also the smart option as this is a straightforward and easy-to-handle pistol gun.
It has a compact, military-style design that looks realistic, which is one of the reasons for its popularity.
While beginners will find this piston gun easy to use, it has features that many skilled shooters will appreciate.
It has high shooting accuracy thanks to its spool valve system that maximizes air efficiency and reduces kick.
It is also lightweight making it ideal for military scenario games.
- Equipped with two Tru-Feed straight stack magazines
- Comes with many options for customization
- Has an external velocity adjuster
- Aluminum metal trigger for extra durability
- Excellent overall paintball pistol
- Magazines are small
- Trigger safety switch is a little stiff
T4E New Walther PPQ M2 Paintball Pistol
The next best thing to the Walther PPQ is the T4E New Walther PPQ M2 (GEN2). You can use it for gameplay and self-defense as it looks exactly like the German-made semi-automatic pistol. Despite this, it is one of the most affordable paintball pistols in its class.
This .43 caliber gun marker accepts paintballs, rubber balls, pepper balls, and even dust balls using semi-automatic with blowback action.
Its realistic release mechanism with an 8-round magazine that is powered by the typical CO2 cartridges.
This pistol comes with a user-friendly option that is perfect for beginners in the game.
- Has a metal slide that locks back on your last shot
- Comes with adjustable yellow dot sights
- Equipped with a Picatinny tactical rail
- Lightweight and easy handling
- Magazine only holds 9 rounds
- Can be difficult to clean
Best Paintball Pistols – Conclusion
I hope this article has helped you find the right paintball pistol for your gaming needs. Here are some related articles you may also enjoy:
About The Author:
Hi there! My name is Karan. I run my own paintball business and have been a keen paintballer for over 6 years. I created this blog to help other people such as yourself find useful information about paintball. I hope you enjoy my blog.